I very rarely get embarrassed by anything my son says. Seriously he slews some curse words at a play date and I just tell parents we let him “express his feelings” while trying not to laugh… Here are a few examples of times he has 100% embarrassed me:
- For a few weeks every time he would meet someone new and his dad was with us he would say, “this is my new Dad”, with a super proud look on his face. The first time this happened I was so flabbergasted I honestly just nervous laughed.
- At a playdate he pointed to my pelvic area and told the mom that I was wearing a new iPad…. yes that actually happened.
- At dinner today he told me, “I think I’m getting my period”. (I obviously am far too open about my menstrual cycle).
- For a few days every time I would put him in his carseat he would say, “my penis is broke” over and over again…
- At the zoo he asked my Mom where her penis was and what it looked like… My body positive NURSE mother was so embarrassed I couldn’t do anything but laugh.
- That same night he was telling everyone at dinner what their genitalia was, he would point and say, “you have a penis, you have a vagina, you have a vagina, you have a vagina, and I have a penis” with a giant smile on his face.
- Whenever he gets something new he says, “This is pretty fancy to me”, or “thats pretty fancy though”.
- He refuses to call the windshield wipers anything but “weeper wipers”. Which my husband finds hilarious and adorable.
Okay so the last two aren’t embarrassing but are super adorable and something I hope to never forget.
I really did post this last night but hit save and not publish… oops.